For people not on the official website, click here. Fixed site so most information does not disappear. Sorry for the inconvenience.
| Home | Software | Screenshots | Download the ISO |
!Update: Vision III is now in development! It will be made from scratch using source code unlike what was planned for the now cancelled Build 3600 version.
Commodore OS Vision II Official Site
Welcome to Commodore OS Vision II. This is a remaster and minimal system of Barry Altman’s COS Vision from 2012. This OS will be based on Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia LiveCD. To learn how to make your own Linux Mint distro and customize it to the core, seek here.
Watch the Trailer
- VICE, the main attraction. This is the open source C64 emulator for Linux. To play C64 images, look for the roms in
- DOSBox, the DOS platform emulator for all your favorite 16 bit apps, games, tools, and Windows.
- VirtualBox, the PC emulation software solution. If you wish to try your custom Linux Mint ISO, this emulator will run it with network access.
- VisualBoyAdvance, to play your favorite GBA, GBC, or GB roms.
- Chromium, the main web browser. This is an open source clone of the famous Google Chrome browser. It offers the same plugins plus the dinosaur game.
- Wine, the Windows Environment layer for Linux. Not every Windows program works here but Halo certainly works flawlessly.
- FreeDOOM, the open source DOOM game from DOS with a new story. WADs included.
- VLC, the media player. If Windows 10 won’t let you watch movies, VLC offers high quality playback and streaming.
- Stella, the Atari 2600 emulator.
- ioQuake3, the open source Quake III Arena game for Linux.
- GNU Paint, the paint program similar to Windows MS Paint.
- kdeNLive, the video editing software for Linux. This can export media files to the format you need and however you want.
- FileZilla, the File Transfer Protocol maintenance tool for Linux.
- ESpeak, a text-to-speech program for Linux. Make it say whatever you want because you obviously do not have the guts to say it yourself.
- Audacity, the audio tool for Linux. Edit and export as lossless audio or midi.
- Steam, the Steam launcher tool for Linux. Requires internet access.
- LibreOffice, the free Office Suite everybody dreams of having.
- Desktop Cube (
compiz), just to spicen up some things.
- Blender, the 3-D tool.
- Open Broadcaster Service, for recording and live streaming your games.
squashfs-tools, to make that custom Linux Mint ISO.
- Memory: 2GB (2048MB) or higher is recommended. Lowest is 1GB.
- USB Keyboard (PS/2 Keyboard works also)
- USB Human Interface Device: Mouse (PS/2 works also)
- Monitor (Virtual monitors will work but certain features will not work)
- nVidia Graphics card (Any after 2013) other graphics cards work also
- 10.8GB HDD Storage.
- AMD64 Processor or x64 Processor (Not Arm64!) 2.4GHz or higher recommended (1.6GHz min)
Get the ISO Image
Warning: Google Drive mirror may not work for all!
The ISO image is finally available but took forever to upload because my internet sucks :P. So anyways here are the mirrors:
Mirror 1: (Google Drive)
Mirror 2: (Dropbox) (Latest Versions uploaded only)
Mirror 3 (full): (The Internet Wayback Machine)
How to extract: Download all files in the COS-Vision-II folder. Then select all of the files you downloaded from the folder and choose to extract here all at once with WinRAR or 7-Zip.
Image donated by Sam_Parisot // DremOS Team